PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded something on firefox but duhhhh!!!

MacLover2011
11-16-2016, 07:49 PM
How stupid of me. Something on my Firefox browser kept on pupping up asking me to download it. I forgot what it was. It started with an ox....... It became annoying so I clicked it to download thinking I would get an install prompt but nothing happened. I looked in my download file but nothing is there. I'm not sure if it's a addon for firefox or some sort of trojan.... Any suggestions on what I should do? I'll be more than careful if this happens again.

pigoo3
11-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Without a working crystal ball, magic powers, or being able to read peoples minds...very difficult to determine or guess what it was.

Kind of like saying. "I ate something last Tuesday night that gave me a belly ache. It was sort of smelly, green, and had some white slime dripping off of it. Do you know what it was?";)

We might be able to guess if we had more info.

- Nick

p.s. Did you check your downloads folder?:)

pm-r
11-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Something on my Firefox browser kept on pupping up asking me to download it.

You might get some indication if you open your Console.app and type in Firefox in the top right search box and see if it lists something that might trigger your memory.

Just maybe, but you never know…

Or you could try using Find Any File.app and search for something that might have a created or modified date within a few minutes of when you did whatever it was, and just search within your Username folder.
http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

Be aware that hundreds +++ of files can get modified and changed in a few minutes on a working Mac. ;) But you never know…. ;D

PS Nick: I didn't know we went to the same type of eatery places, but I didn't try eating any as it just looked too gross!!

- Patrick
======