Emac and wireless internet

T

tinyteddy

Hi, I'm looking to buy an emac for my younger sister and have one question. We have a wireless network in our house, and the only way she can get access to the internet is wirelessly in her room (there's no ethernet ports in her room) My experience is limited to iMacs and iBooks, I have no idea how emacs hook up wirelessly. Do they have internal airport cards, or slots? Basically I need to know how I can hook up an emac before I buy one.

Thanks, this forum has always been helpful in the past. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes, eMacs were able to use AirPort cards. If the one you end up finding doesn't have one installed, they are really simple to install yourself.

OP
B

Badger

The original (700/800 ghz) eMac used Airport cards, newer models use Airport Extreme. Look for the newer models because the Airport card is no longer available new and is rare used. Apple has a do-it-yourself page for the eMac with links for card install videos: http://www.apple.com/support/emac/doityourself/.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.