PDA

View Full Version : New MBPro's are out but

ImDrRichard
10-29-2016, 02:34 PM
they can't be seen at Apple Stores and after calling around no one knows when they'll be shipped to stores. Huh? Does anyone know when we can look and touch before we buy? Thanks-
Rich

pigoo3
10-29-2016, 02:58 PM
...after calling around no one knows when they'll be shipped to stores. Huh?

Isn't this the definitive answer? If you've called Apple Stores in the NYC area...and they don't know when the new MBP's will be arriving. I would say they are certainly in a position to know the most of anyone.:)

- Nick

ferrarr
10-29-2016, 03:07 PM
Shipping in 2-3 weeks, http://bgr.com/2016/10/27/macbook-pro-2016-apple-event-reveal/, approximately.

ImDrRichard
10-29-2016, 04:16 PM
pigoo, usually, if something is promoted and advertised it ends up in a store to drool over.

ferrarr: thank you.

pm-r
10-29-2016, 05:09 PM
pigoo, usually, if something is promoted and advertised it ends up in a store to drool over.

Usual for some, especially for somewhere like NYC, but that's not the way Apple does things these days and it's also a marketing practice to help increase the hype and of course sales.

Sort of like the old teasing with the forbidden fruit thing!!! ;)

- Patrick
======

harryb2448
10-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Not really Doc. Apple likes to see queues outside the stores overnight and media attention.

pigoo3
10-29-2016, 05:25 PM

Not 100% correct. There are a number of recent exmples of products that were revealed/announced...and were not in stores immediately. On the flip side...yes...many times models that are announced are actually in stores immediately for viewing & purchase. In recent times (last few years)...this is becoming more & more common.

In this case you did the best you could do (called local stores):)...and they gave you the answer..."We don't know??". That's pretty much the best info you can get outside of speaking directly with the marketing, manufacturing, sales, or distribution folks who work for Apple.:)

- Nick

ImDrRichard
10-29-2016, 05:26 PM
I agree. Seems odd though, that they wouldn't be on display. Oh well.

Thanks.

pm-r
10-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Not really Doc. Apple likes to see queues outside the stores overnight and media attention.

Apple will take all the media attention it can get or more, but has been discouraging, or trying to stop the long queues outside the stores and overnight for some time now:

Apple wants to stop fans queuing outside stores for its watch…
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/11520545/Apple-wants-to-stop-fans-queuing-outside-stores-for-its-watch.html

- Patrick
======

brian09223
10-30-2016, 09:39 PM
I saw the 13" MBP today at a Apple store outside of Boston. First impression is it's light and thinner than the old one. The one they had didn't have that new menu bar because it was a demo. Figure that one out. It has only two outlets for Thunderbolt connections. This might be a problem without a dock to attach other stuff to. My question is, do you think Apple with give a decent disount on the old MBP? I know Apple doesn't give anything away, but if they reduce the old MBP by $500.00 over the new one I'd grab one.

ferrarr
10-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Check out Apple.com and their refurb store.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

pm-r
10-30-2016, 10:08 PM
First impression is it's light and thinner than the old one … It has only two outlets for Thunderbolt connections…

Get used to that vogue and less ports generally with his highness Jony Ive at the design helm… :P

pm-r
10-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Check out Apple.com and their refurb store.

Not to forget and just a reminder that each user's country has it's own specific apple refurb store site.

- Patrick
======

chscag
10-31-2016, 02:34 AM
Apple doesn't give anything away, but if they reduce the old MBP by $500.00 over the new one I'd grab one.

You're dreaming. Apple doesn't even discount their refurbs by that much. ;)

KevinJS
10-31-2016, 02:43 AM
15% seems to be their favourite number. Here's a nice one, with a considerable saving over the original price; $370 to be exact.

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/FJLQ2LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macbook-pro-22ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display