PDA

View Full Version : iMovie to YouTube Upload Problems

King Helseth
10-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Hello Mac Forums,

I've recently come across a problem I have never had in the past with iMovie. When uploading videos to YouTube, the video gets to exactly half way through the upload process (as shown by the little circle in the top right) and then stops. It doesn't matter what I do, and it has happened with three separate videos now.

I'm running iMovie 10.0.9.
It's not my internet connection, as I was able to upload videos straight from YouTube, all my devices are connected, and I'm able to watch and stream videos normally.
Even after canceling the upload, the upload status remains open, and I have one close the entire program before the upload truly stops

This never happened before. It started happening Monday, and since then it has happened three times. Any help would be appreciated.

MightyGem
10-26-2016, 04:26 PM
I can't solve your problem, but you can get round it by Sharing your Project as a File to Finder, and then upload that via YouTube.

King Helseth
10-27-2016, 08:25 AM
I can't solve your problem, but you can get round it by Sharing your Project as a File to Finder, and then upload that via YouTube.

Yeah that's what I've been doing. Oh well. Thanks!

Jagsfish
01-21-2017, 06:58 PM
I have the same problem and I'm now uploading the file and it's been stuck on 69% for a couple of hours. I had to replace my ATT Uverse router NVG 599 and it seems like the upload problems have come since then. Is that possible? I'm using iMac, Sierra 10.12.2. Thanks

lclev
01-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Have you tried the suggestion to share the project to a file to finder and then uploading it as suggested above?

Lisa

Jagsfish
01-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Yes and it got stuck like all others. I am trying to upload the file from my desktop and this is moving faster and is now at 87%. Maybe this will do it. If not, I'll get up around 5am and try again. That's what I had to do the last time I tried to upload a 3-4 minute video. IT WORKED THIS TIME. ONLY TOOK ABOUT 5 MINUTES. Go figure.