PDA

View Full Version : Prank headphone fix goes viral

badshoehabit
09-26-2016, 05:01 PM
Please don't try this at home!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/26/video-claiming-drilling-into-iphone-7-reveal-hidden-headphone-port-goes-viral

chscag
09-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Moved this here rather than keep it in the iPhone forum.

And... a warning to viewers of this as the replies to the article are filled with some "not so" nice language. ;)

pigoo3
09-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Yes...I saw/heard of this. Any "butt-head" that would blindly do this on a brand new $650+ smartphone deserves what they get!

At least take it apart first to verify that there's a headphone jack inside before drilling!!;)

And HELLO...kiss that Applecare warranty goodbye with the drilling!!!

- Nick

RadDave
09-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Moved this here rather than keep it in the iPhone forum.

And... a warning to viewers of this as the replies to the article are filled with some "not so" nice language. ;)

LOL at that 'prank' video! :D But I imagine that some of those 'nasty' responses are fictitious - how can one be that STUPID, just wondering? ;) Dave

pm-r
09-26-2016, 11:57 PM
how can one be that STUPID

For just that general reason I didn't post the same info the other day and give it even more exposure.

And their gene pool seems to be getting much too large… :\

KevinJS
09-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Yes...I saw/heard of this. Any "butt-head" that would blindly do this on a brand new $650+ smartphone deserves what they get!

At least take it apart first to verify that there's a headphone jack inside before drilling!!;)

And HELLO...kiss that Applecare warranty goodbye with the drilling!!!

- Nick

Well, clearly there is one, as evidenced by the video. YouTube really need to do some housecleaning. The number of videos based on nothing more than wanton destruction is quite offensive.

Rod Sprague
09-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Thanks, I got a good laugh out of that. It may be representative of a popular attitude that some people are too stupid to deserve such technology. Tricking them into destroying it might be thought of as vengeance. Like owning a Mazarati when you are 18 an on a probationary license.

fluhartz
09-28-2016, 09:57 AM
LOL at that 'prank' video! :D But I imagine that some of those 'nasty' responses are fictitious - how can one be that STUPID, just wondering? ;) Dave

It's mind boggling...