PDA

View Full Version : How can I check if iPhone has been hacked?

szuniga00
09-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Over the weekend I was at a hotel and connected to their wifi. While having lunch I noticed that my phone was dialing on its own. It was dialing a FaceTime 5 digit number. I have never seen anything like this on any of my iPhones.

chscag
09-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Not sure how you can check if someone hacked into your phone, however, it's unlikely that's what caused your phone to dial a facetime number on its own. If you're in doubt or unsure of what happened, reset your iPhone and then restore from backup. If you have never made a backup of your iPhone, now is a good time to do it. Backup to iCloud first and then to your Mac using iTunes.

szuniga00
09-20-2016, 01:40 PM
Not sure how you can check if someone hacked into your phone, however, it's unlikely that's what caused your phone to dial a facetime number on its own. If you're in doubt or unsure of what happened, reset your iPhone and then restore from backup. If you have never made a backup of your iPhone, now is a good time to do it. Backup to iCloud first and then to your Mac using iTunes.

You are right. That is a good way to make sure nothing is on it. Have you heard of phones making that FaceTime call before?

Thanks for the advice!