Lost Network

Reaction score
Apparently I have lost all ability to connect to any network. I still have an IP, and other computers can access me, but I cannot connect to any other computer. Does anyone have any theories on the cause of this. I am still able to ping other people, and every other operation works well, except for the Network. The network on the Harddrive window is completely disappered, and I have not done anything out of the ordinary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Okay....

Have you restarted?

Have you repaired permissions?

Where are you located that you cannot connect to a network?

Is there an IT department you can speak to if it is school or work?

If you are at home, have you power-cycled your setup?

What OS are you using?

Have you installed anything new in the last few days?

What were you doing the last time you were able to access a network?

I know there are tons more that should be asked, but I figure that would be enough for now. Once we know those answers, we can try to help you out better.

OP
O
Reaction score
In response to your questions:
Of course I restarted, that it is usually the first course of action I take.
I am not confident that repairing permissions wouldbe the problem as this is the only account I have, and I have not disable the permissions.
I am confident that it is not where I am connected that is the problem, because I am connected in my dorm room, where my laptop is usually.
There is an IT here at my school, but they are more knowledgeable with Windows.
I am currently using 10.4.5.
I have attempted to install the new PowerPC update, but apparently it tells me that I can finish the download, but it can't be installed.
The last time that I connected successfully, I was transferring files between my iBook and my gaming computer, a Windows XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Gonna share with us?

OP
O
Reaction score
What happened was that somehow the network was not being shown on the side bar. I went to the finder's preferences and clicked on the sidebar tab. Then I checked the network on, and bam! I got the network back. It was something so simple, and I was not a fool to think of it earlier. I told myself that it could not be that, but it turned out to be that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.