Importing photos from Huawei P9 to Photos - Date Stamp Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is the first time in eons that I have had a non-apple phone and I have found myself with a Huawei P9. SO far so good... Except that I am on holiday and have taken tons of photos with the camera, which I love. However when I go to import them to my Macbook Air in Photos. They pop up with various 1970's date stamps - which means they are all out of order.

I have googled for the last two days but really found nothing useful to help. I downloaded Coolmuster Android Assistant which would only allow me to download one photo at a time. I did a few and they DID go to the correct point chronologically. So I know that this is not an issue with the phone's stamping, but with the transfer. The full version of Coolmuster though is $40 a year and I am really looking for a free fix.

Currently I am just plugging the phone in to my Air via USB and clicking 'Photos' on the phone - which opens up the photos app. However, I don't want them all in a random order - and I've also found that it downloads the stock images that came with the phone - also a bit frustrating!

Can anyone help me here with a free fix?

Cheers,

Christina

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you use "Image Capture" on your MacBook Air to import the photos rather than let the Photos app import them? With Image Capture you can control where the photos will go and what order you wish them to be in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.