Random baby laughing.

Reaction score
While using my computer I have had random baby laughing in the background!

Suspect its a virus.

Downloaded a sailing game Sailx.com Nothing out of the ordinary but since have had the baby laughing and the finder windows going extra wide.

Anyone had something like this happen and could anyone help in purging this out of my system?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Is Safari open while these noises are audible? If so it could be malware and downloading malwarebytes for mac should sort that out https://www.malwarebytes.com

Also, have a look in Notifications in System Preferences. Are there any audio notifications related to Sailx?

Reaction score
Guess my memory isn't as bad as I thought. :p
Or I'm living in some other dimension...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Or I'm living in some other dimension...

OK Scotty, you can beam him down now! :p

OP
S
Reaction score
Nothing in Notifications nickyr.

Is there a free download for Malwarebytes? Bit of a stinge at the moment.

And yes playing the Sailx.com game on Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7/32G Ram Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, iPhone 6
next time you are playing the game turn off the sounds for the website by clicking icon on the right side of the address bar and see if you hear the baby, if so it's not the game. at least can see if it's coming from the site or not.

Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
There is a free version of malwarebytes. I'd be willing to bet that malware is at the root of your problem so downloading, installing and running it should (hopefully) solve your problem.

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.