PDA

View Full Version : iMovie Clips Have no Sound When Posted to Youtube, Vimeo, etc. Any ideas?

Lee Charles Kel
07-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I'm brand new here. So if this topic has already been discussed please direct me to that thread, if you can.

What's been happening is that when I finish an iMovie file, and download (or is it UPload) to Youtube, there's no sound! :Angry:

And, believe me, the sound is fine when I'm working with the clip on iMovie.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

LCK

MightyGem
07-08-2016, 10:28 AM
First, which version of iMovie?

Are you uploading direct from iMovie? Try exporting as a movie file to the Desktop and check if you have sound there. If so, then upload that file.

Lee Charles Kel
07-08-2016, 11:07 AM
First, which version of iMovie?

Are you uploading direct from iMovie? Try exporting as a movie file to the Desktop and check if you have sound there. If so, then upload that file.

I'm currently using iMovie '09: 8.0.6. (I just bought a new MacBook, with an upgraded version of iMovie, but when I migrated all my data from the old computer, the newer version of iMovie disappeared!)

I will try your suggestion. Thanks!

LCK

Lee Charles Kel
07-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Still silent... no sound...

chscag
07-08-2016, 02:44 PM
The newer version of iMovie should still be there. Check to see that if it has been moved to a separate folder. If by chance it was deleted, you can download it again for free from the Mac App Store under purchased items.

MightyGem
07-11-2016, 06:20 PM
but when I migrated all my data from the old computer, the newer version of iMovie disappeared
Strange. It's normally the older version that "disappears", or rather gets put into a Folder as chscag suggests.