PDA

View Full Version : ipad mini access to android apps

lori5060
07-04-2016, 07:00 PM
i have an old iPad mini (wifi only with 12GB, i think) which i would like to give to my grandsons.
they currently play minecraft...an app purchased/downloaded on their fathers android, think it is samsung.
they also play netflix.

since the minecraft app they had to pay for. i was wondering, would they be able to access it on the iPad mini?
I presume netflex is no charge and that would not be a problem.

i would appreciate a reply asap as they are leaving to go home in about 10 hours.
thanks

pigoo3
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
since the minecraft app they had to pay for. i was wondering, would they be able to access it on the iPad mini?
I presume netflex is no charge and that would not be a problem.

This may be a solution:

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/07/android-apps-on-your-ipad-theres-an-app-for-that/

i would appreciate a reply asap as they are leaving to go home in about 10 hours.
thanks

Whenever you have a time sensitive issue like this…don't overlook all tools at your disposal (personally initiated internet searches). Found the answer above in less than 5 seconds.:)

Especially on a holiday weekend (today is July 4th…Independence Day in the US).:)

- Nick

lori5060
07-04-2016, 08:13 PM
thnx for ur reply. yes I realize was bad timing to post this but spur of moment and thought I wuld try.
I looked into this app and it looks pretty good for many apps. except my grson already had downloaded this particular one and paid for it. with this android app, he wuld need to download again. don't think he will do that as he has two sons who play and he downloaded it twice so they wuld have their own games.
he is not too computer illiterate and ole gramma here is trying her best to help out!

ferrarr
07-04-2016, 11:10 PM
To play Minecraft on the iPad, it should be purchased through the iTunes App Store and synced to the iPad. My son had to buy it on iOS, Android, Xbox and computer versions, to keep playing it where he wanted.

lori5060
07-08-2016, 07:04 PM
thnx all
I discovered later that minecraft was purchased via iPhone. not sure if can sync iPhone and iPad as they have different Apple IDs.
and not sure what all is synced, do t want mins private info and CC info available to kids.
may just have to purchase again, however all stars of orevulious plays will be lost .