PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Software

ngraphix7
06-15-2016, 11:35 PM
ning Quality Question. Is the scanners photo software better than other photo scanning software? I'm not finding answer online.

Slydude
06-16-2016, 01:39 AM
That depends entirely upon what software you are comparing. Some scanning software is very good for scanning but not so good for editing. The features in both the scanning software and photo/graphic editing software varies widely.

ngraphix7
06-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Ok. Thanks. I just want to scan photo to match as close as possible.

RadDave
06-16-2016, 01:20 PM
ning Quality Question. Is the scanners photo software better than other photo scanning software? I'm not finding answer online.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Slydude has pretty much answered your question(s), but tell us which scanner you are using (brand/model) and what version of the scanner's software is installed on your computer; also, what is the purpose of your scan, i.e. to post on the web (then 72 ppi is usually fine) or to make a print (in which 300 dpi is the usual print density used); most modern scanners can produce much higher dot densities, e.g. I have a 5 y/o Canon scanner that can go up to 9600 dpi w/ 48-bit color depth. Dave