• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hello to Mac-Forums!

Reaction score
Hello to Mac-Forums, my name is Touko White, and I am the owner/admin of the 101Gamers community.

I live in England and was born there, it's a brilliant country. I currently still go to school, sadly, but still have some time for myself, although I don't have much on the social front - although have a completely opposite life on other boards/communities/etc.

My gaming hobbies include some range of games mostly classic but some games from the 21st century also. As you might be able to guess, my favourite character is Touko from the Pokémon series, my other favourite character is Cammy from Street Fighter, not just for their pretty looks, though. I don't have a favourite game (if I had to choose, probably Donkey Kong Country) but my favourite consoles are the SNES and the PS3 because of their game libraries. Not great at games but do enjoy them, although I could likely kick your *** at Mario Kart, for some reason.

My main hobby is browsing and maintaining the 101Gamers community as well as visiting many forums - I don't care about YouTube, although I do run a Dailymotion channel, which doesn't get updated often. Just not a fan of things like YouTube, because I like communication-related matter over the Web.

I have an interest in cosplay, have two online friends in the cosplay field - one of them is actually co-owner of 101Gamers - while I probably wouldn't be able to do it myself it's to me a form of art, just like the other types of art, cosplay is creation, so it is.

Favourite films are Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Snatch, I'm not a big movie lover unlike the rest of my family, but do enjoy the odd film. Typical Brit, my favourite show is Only Fools and Horses, very funny and dramatic at the same time with lovable characters.

I don't listen to music but am a fan of Guns N' Roses, favourite song from them is Knockin' On Heaven's Door, although it's extremely difficult to choose.

Support Arsenal, but not really a big fan of football, only watch it when England are playing, and even then, that's not all that often I will pick up the remote and watch the whole thing.

If you want to contact me, there are various ways, although the fastest would be to send me a PM on my website or an email, you could contact me through Google+, Twitter, GNU Social, and anywhere else that I happen to be - I'm even on old MySpace, keeping old things alive!

Have a good day, hope this is a good intro. Feel free to ask me anything.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome Touko.:)

Lots of great intro information there…thanks!:)

You didn't mention anything regarding your interest in or ownership of Apple products (computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.). Of course you don't have to own anything Apple to be a member.:) But most members do.;)

- Nick

p.s. By the way. We have a quite a large active membership from the UK. You are in good company!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Phew!!! For a second when I fist saw the new post and the OP's avatar I thought we might be getting an invite to "Candy Nurses" and their ahem… antics.

Glad to see and read that wasn't the case at all, so welcome, but I'm sorry to say I just don't do computer games.

BTW: Say hello to any of my cousins and relatives if you bump into them, even if they are in the Southwest of England, Portsmouth area. Good Pubs around the area are a good hangout place I understand and I understand the food and beer is good as well… ;)

- Patrick
======

OP
Touko White
Reaction score
@pigoo3: Oh yeah, sorry.

I have an iPhone 5c and a MacBook Air. Not sure on the model of the Air, but it shipped with El Capitan.

@pm-r: Haha, lol.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Also new here. Wasn't sure if I should make my own thread. I'm Tom (as you can see) Avid Apple fan. iPhone 6S user, Macbook Pro.. just picked up an iPad Pro. Absolutely love it. Looking forward to being part of the forum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Welcome, now would that be an avid Apple fan, or an Avid Apple fan…???

Thinking maybe http://www.avid.com … or maybe just an enthusiastic Apple fan … ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome folks enjoy your stay here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.