PDA

View Full Version : Resize images

MarkWebb
05-30-2016, 02:34 AM
Is there a recommended free piece of software to resize images for iMac?

chscag
05-30-2016, 02:56 AM
It's already included with your iMac. It's called "Preview".

MarkWebb
05-30-2016, 03:56 AM
It's already included with your iMac. It's called "Preview".

Thank you but I would like to resize several images at the same time which I dont think Preview will do?

Sawday
05-30-2016, 05:04 AM
Thank you but I would like to resize several images at the same time which I dont think Preview will do?

I use Automator - this script resizes images within a folder so that the longest side is 4000 px but that can be readily changed. I can't claim it to be original as I found it after a Google search - but happy to share it :)

RadDave
05-30-2016, 03:13 PM

In OS X, batch resizing can be done in the Terminal or in Preview - just 'google' OS X batch photo resize' for some hits - e.g. check THIS ONE (http://developpeers.com/blogs/batch-resize-images-in-osx-the-easy-way) - not sure how versatile the options may be but might work for you? Dave :)

MarkWebb
05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
Many thanks.

IWT
05-31-2016, 12:41 PM
That's an excellent Link, Dave. Especially in respect of Preview. The more I read about it, the more I realise how powerful Preview is. Underrated, in my view.

Ian

RadDave
05-31-2016, 02:39 PM
That's an excellent Link, Dave. Especially in respect of Preview. The more I read about it, the more I realise how powerful Preview is. Underrated, in my view....

Hi Ian - you're right about Preview - an outstanding basic image editing app - in the past, I've brought in many images and have cropped, resized and renamed each one at a time - works great; BUT, never used the app for batch resize processing - been trying that feature since leaving the link, and as long as the goal is to resize (either via height or width) all images to the same dimension, then worked fine. Dave :)