PDA

View Full Version : Sharing imovie to camera

Mitcherooney
05-29-2016, 06:27 PM
Greetings

I am trying,without success, to transfer a movie from iMovie HD back to camera. I am using Mavericks. I have bags of storage and 12 Gigs pf RAM. I keep getting an error saying that the program cannot export the movie. (see pic attached) I have tried connecting/disconnecting the camera, switched the camera off and on, but still no joy.

Can anyone help, please? The net wasn't any help.

Cheers Mitcherooney

MightyGem
05-30-2016, 04:50 PM
It depends whether your camcorder has a Digital Video Input(DV In) function. My miniDV camcorder doesn't.

Mitcherooney
06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
It depends whether your camcorder has a Digital Video Input(DV In) function. My miniDV camcorder doesn't.

Thanks for replying MG. My camera does have a dv-in socket and I have used it successfully in the past, I've just been doing something wrong. Finally - fluke - I managed to do it after switching the camera on and off, I had done this previously to no effect. Perhaps there is a certain sequence of plugging and unplugging leads and switching off and on. I guess that I just stumbled across it. But I couldn't tell you the sequence that finally made the difference!

Cheers M

MightyGem
06-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Could be a faulty connection.