PDA

View Full Version : Apple sales declining?

mikecraig
05-27-2016, 06:38 AM
With rumours doing rounds about a sudden decline in apple sales, i want to know opinion of people here on this forum about whether or not apple's best days are coming to an end. I personally believe , there is no firm evidence to come to the conclusion about apple's fate. But i would welcome all your opinions.

cwa107
05-27-2016, 08:48 AM
I went ahead and moved your thread, since it's not an Apple Rumor or Report.

As to your question - Apple's sales ebb and flow like any company's. This last quarter was one of the first where year-over-year growth wasn't as strong as it's been in several categories. I think some of that is to be expected, especially when practically the entire Mac lineup has been stagnant in terms of significant design changes. As far as their best days being behind them... hard to say. We never know what's in the works or how consumer tastes will shift.

One thing is certain, however... Apple is sitting pretty on a mountain of cash. They are diversified in terms of their business model, with quite a few revenue streams. In the markets they compete in, their products are easily the most profitable (by a long-shot). This is not the Apple of the 1980s. They are a money-making machine, and short of an unforeseen worldwide catastrophe, they will continue to be so for decades to come.

elf69
05-27-2016, 09:24 AM
I think apple will grow personally.

Many of our customers are turning their back on windows as they hate 10 and how invasive it has become and moving to mac/linux.

one customer went from pc to full blow mac pro (the one that looks like a rubbish bin)

ok so many like myself are buying used as new is bit pricey but like myself many are moving to other platforms.

I still have a windows PC for my games though.

pigoo3
05-27-2016, 10:17 AM
With rumours doing rounds about a sudden decline in apple sales, i want to know opinion of people here on this forum about whether or not apple's best days are coming to an end. I personally believe , there is no firm evidence to come to the conclusion about apple's fate. But i would welcome all your opinions.

Sorry Mike. Seems that you only came here to promote the link in your signature. Thread closed.

- Nick

cwa107
05-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Sorry Mike. Seems that you only came here to promote the link in your signature. Thread closed.

- Nick

Aha... that must have been a recent addition. It wasn't there when I made my reply. Sneaky, sneaky!

pigoo3
05-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Very sneaky!!!;)