How to use OSX to make a bootable windows iso.

Reaction score
I have tried disk utility to try to make a bootable file, but that didnt work. I have 2011 Macbook Pro upgraded to the newest OS.

Bootcamp does not work as i cant get the USB option.

I am trying to use my mac to make a bootable windows 7/8/10 iso usb for my new computer. Can you help thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

To install BootCamp on your 2011 MBP you will have to use a DVD version of Windows as it came originally with an optical drive. If you replaced that with an additional hard drive it may well be necessary to remove it and replace the optical drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
You can not "make" a bootable disk for Windows from Mac. You can, however, burn an ISO image of a Windows Installation Disc to a blank disc. Please provide more information on EXACTLY what you have to work with and how you're trying to make this happen.

OP
M
Reaction score
All i have is the iso file. No dvd's , just a blank usb and a macbook pro. All im trying to do is get a similar program to the windows 10 iso to usb tool for mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Why do you want a Windows bootable USB?

Reaction score
If you want to access this Linux variant regularly from your MBP, and you have 4GB or more memory, then download a free copy of VirtualBox and read the installation instructions for Linux. VirtualBox will boot that .iso and let you install Kali Linux into a guest container that you can boot from a single key-click. I would advise against installing Kali Linux into your Mac — partitioned alongside OS X. also there are many other free iso burner that allows you to burn iso to USB.

Active@ ISO Burner Freeware. Data CD DVD burning software. Write ISO image to CD,DVD,CD-RW,DVD-RW, Blu-ray,BD,HD-DVD

Linux ISO Burner | How to Burn Linux ISO to USB Drive on Windows

https://www.softpedia.com/Free-ISO-Burner.shtml

Reaction score
These are the three apps for burning iso image to USB that still works on latest macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.