Logic9/OS reinstall

Reaction score
Hi,

A bit of an unusual question.

I bought my MacBook from a mate a few years back and as part of the deal he kept Logic 9 (which I'm still using, a lot) on the harddrive.

Now, I'd like to reinstal the OS but keep logic. So, I'm in a situation wherein it won't be on the app store under my purchases. So, is there a way that I could, perhaps, use time machine to keep Logic on the machine after a clean reinstal? Or, any other way, of course.

Cheers,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The copy of Logic 9 you have is not registered to you but rather the person who sold the MacBook to you. Also, Apple is no longer developing Logic 9 (since 2012), and won't be available to purchase. And we are not going to help you with software that is not legally registered to you. You can purchase Logic Pro from Apple if you wish to continue using the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.