• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone own The Force Awakens on DVD/Blu Ray?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was planning to just buy TFA on iTunes since it has all of the Blu Ray features and I have honestly not bought a disc in years, but I heard that the discs may have "watch with iTunes" so it would be a no-brainier to pick up the discs and have both to have a physical copy.

But I can't find any info to confirm if the Blu Ray has "watch on iTunes" or not. Can anyone who owns it confirm?

Thanks!

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I've seen that too. I think some come with a digital copy that can be loaded into iTunes but that's different than the "Watch on iTunes" that's basically the same as purchasing directly from iTunes and includes iTunes Extras.

Guess I'm just being picky, but I want to get the max for my dollars.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I ended up being nearby Best Buy today and stopped in to look at their copy since there one on Amazon said it specifically did not have the full iTunes version.

The Blu Ray/DVD combo one at Best Buy was $5 more, but came with the full iTunes version with extras. I felt it was worth it to have the best of both worlds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.