PDA

View Full Version : Gif upload issue

ironmaiden-
04-14-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm new to having a Mac. I love my macbook but I'm still trying to figure things out. I realize that when you save a gif it saves in multiple stills, but then when I want to reload it to another website it's still only loading as a one frame still. How do I re upload it to another spot as a gif?

Thanks!

Ember1205
04-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Animated GIFs are actually a series of stills that are "played" to give the effect of movement. Preview has absolutely no understanding of this, so it will show you the still images that are inside of the animated GIF. If you open the file with Safari instead of Preview, it should show the full animation. And, uploading the file to another web site should show the animation as well when viewed with a web browser.

harryb2448
04-21-2016, 06:22 PM
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Always helps if you provide computer and operating system details. The speed of your CPU may well affect what you are trying to do. For example an old OS like Snow Leopard OS X.6 and Safari 6 could well struggle.

cradom
04-21-2016, 10:41 PM
Where are you uploading to? I've never had any luck with Facebook for example. (and yes they support it now) Uploading to iMGUR however works just fine.