PDA

View Full Version : Kodi on Mac?

nancystuart
04-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Hi guys. I got a lame question, please bear with me! :) Just wanted to know if using unofficial repositories/plugins on Kodi is legal or not?

bradhaddin
04-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Unofficial repositories of Kodi are not illegal, but a more appropriate thing to say would be that "they are not officially supported by Kodi itself", which opens the room for a lot of addons that are actually giving a bad name to Kodi by allowing Kodi users to access illegal or pirated content. Besides, any particular addon that you would like to know about?

nancystuart
04-12-2016, 09:02 AM
Unofficial repositories of Kodi are not illegal, but a more appropriate thing to say would be that "they are not officially supported by Kodi itself", which opens the room for a lot of addons that are actually giving a bad name to Kodi by allowing Kodi users to access illegal or pirated content. Besides, any particular addon that you would like to know about?

No actually I was traveling to China so I was going to bring my OPEN ELEC device along. A friend of mine told me that many channels and streaming sites are blocked in China. So, I was wondering if unofficial repositories, that are working in China, are a legal option option. I would be using a VPN as well. My friends told me to use one in China; heard the government spies on expats. Is this true?

bradhaddin
04-15-2016, 02:54 AM
Yes there are many instances reported where Chine govt tried to spy on expats. Better use a VPN. I would suggest using Ivacy best china vpn (https://www.ivacy.com/china-vpn/). Have been using it for a while on Raspberry pie. I think it should work fine on OPEN ELEC as well.

harryb2448
04-15-2016, 05:34 AM
I would suggest you be extremely careful attempting to get around China's strict IT regulations. Very much big brother wants to know EVERYTHING you are doing, sending and receiving.

Acerca
04-15-2016, 07:50 AM
get around China's strict IT regulations.

Agree. Just be careful as you can.