Parallels 11 vs VM Fusion 8 Pro

Reaction score
Good evening, I need to install Windows 7 or 10 on a MacBook Pro 15 i7 16GBRAM . So I can do it using bootcamp or virtual machine(Parallels 11 or Fusion 8 Pro)?
Someone could tell me which one is the best ? I need to run some videos, install adobe bundles and also Ms office. I´m really appreciate for any help.
Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good evening, I need to install Windows 7 or 10 on a MacBook Pro 15 i7 16GBRAM . So I can do it using bootcamp or virtual machine(Parallels 11 or Fusion 8 Pro)?
Someone could tell me which one is the best ? I need to run some videos, install adobe bundles and also Ms office. I´m really appreciate for any help. Thanks

In addition to the links provided by Nick, word is out that VMWare Fusion is no longer going to be developed. Might be a good idea to stick with Parallels or use the Boot Camp Assistant app.

Reaction score
I have experienced both of them. VMWare fusion seems to works more stably. Parallels sometimes makes the fan sing a lot :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've been using VMWare Fusion for a long time and before using it I did evaluate Parallels and found VMWare Fusion to be more stable for what I was doing. Parallels does boast better 3D graphics support for games and CAD software, while VMWare Fusion is a better general platform for compute intensive things.

I just read up about the woes at VMWare with them laying off the VMWare Fusion and Workstation teams and that might be more of a transitioning of work to other teams outside of the US than a sign of them shutting down these productions as they are very popular.

You might also want to explore Virutalbox which is free..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.