PDA

View Full Version : Need to burn large playlist to CD

tallie
03-19-2016, 07:48 PM
I have 1GB of songs in an iTunes playlist. Trying to burn it onto a CD-R. Half of them are not MP3 format so I used Movavi to attempt to convert them and all the songs got cut in half. Suggestions?

chscag
03-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Why not use iTunes to convert them to MP3? Or you can download the free "Adapter.app" from here (https://www.macroplant.com/adapter/).

tallie
03-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Thank you for your quick response. When I select the playlist, File, Create New Version, Create MP3 Version, it gives me an error saying The disk I'm attempting to use is full.
Basically, it converted 85/158 of the songs. The songs it did not convert are ones I recently purchased from iTunes.

chscag
03-19-2016, 08:06 PM
The conversion process in iTunes does need more space as it converts audio files to MP3. Since it leaves the original file intact and creates a new file (MP3) it requires the additional space. You should be doing the conversion on your hard drive and then moving or burning the MP3s to disk. A normal CD-R is too small to hold all those files at once. If you want to do it that way, use a DVD-R.

tallie
03-19-2016, 08:24 PM
This situation is best for CD-R because of the method my friends are planning to listen to their music--in the car.

tallie
03-19-2016, 09:37 PM
I used the Adapter app and it DID NOT work. The sound is in and out constantly…apparently they are aware of the issue but it is unresolved.

RadDave
03-19-2016, 09:41 PM
I have 1GB of songs in an iTunes playlist. Trying to burn it onto a CD-R. Half of them are not MP3 format so I used Movavi to attempt to convert them and all the songs got cut in half. Suggestions?

Thank you for your quick response. When I select the playlist, File, Create New Version, Create MP3 Version, it gives me an error saying The disk I'm attempting to use is full.
Basically, it converted 85/158 of the songs. The songs it did not convert are ones I recently purchased from iTunes.

This situation is best for CD-R because of the method my friends are planning to listen to their music--in the car.

Hi Tallie - looking at your posts above, appears that you have a playlist w/ MP3 files (assume downloaded and/or ripped from CDs?) and also iTunes DLs which should be in Apple's AAC audio format - thus, as you state that the recently purchased iTunes songs will not convert likely relates to the format issue which has to be resolved.

The next issue is the 1 GB of songs - if this is the total of MP3 & AAC songs, then as already suggested, these will not fit on a 700-800 MB CD-R without further reducing their bit rate (which will reduce their quality) - SO, another consideration.

Finally, if your are trying to burn CD-Rs of copyrighted songs to distribute to your friends, then that is ILLEGAL, as you likely already know. Dave :)

tallie
03-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Thank you for the information. I will abort my project as I did not know.

chscag
03-19-2016, 09:53 PM

You can not legally share music you purchased from iTunes with your friends by burning copies to a CD and then distributing them. No more support or answers will be provided. Please read through our guidelines.