Bootcamp Error : No Bootable device

Reaction score
I followed all the instruction for bootcamp and did everything how it was supposed to be done. But once the mac restarted it shows a black screen with a text saying "No bootable device - please insert device and press any key". I do not know what the problem is here but if someone could figure out how to fix this it would really help. Im running on a Mac (27-inch, Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan. I am also trying to bootcamp windows 8

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tell us about your bootable device that contains Windows 8. The error you received is stating that whatever you're using to install Windows 8 is not bootable. Your iMac has an optical drive which requires that Windows 8 be on disk. It will be ignored if you're trying to install from a USB drive. (There are work arounds, however.)

Reaction score
Did you actually install windows? After following all your bootcamp prompts you will either have to use a usb or a CD with a windows install on it. Bootcamp will then run that and install windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note... that he can not use a USB flash drive or hard drive to install Windows 8 because his iMac has an optical drive. Boot Camp will be looking for Windows 8 on disk unless he employs a work around. And we'll let him google for that as there are several articles explaining how to do it using USB.

OP
D
Reaction score
In found out what happened thanks to you guys and fixed it but then i got windows 10 and my mac started crashing because of lgdkmd64.sys i went into safe mode to check the drivers and they have a yellow (!) can someone tell me what this means?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The yellow exclamation mark means that the device or driver is not working or missing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.