PDA

View Full Version : Easiest, most intuitive movie editing application

Mr. D
03-16-2016, 01:52 PM
I loved the "ancient" iMovie HD 5.02 of years ago because it was so simple & intuitive for the person that "simply" wanted to edit family movies & didn't want to make a Hollywood movie. The current version of iMovie is entirely too complicated & not intuitive as Apple's early applications were! Intuitive, easily used applications is what made Apple great!

Question: What is the simplest, most intuitive movie editing application for doing simple movie editing?

pigoo3
03-16-2016, 02:06 PM
I loved the "ancient" iMovie HD 5.02 of years ago because it was so simple & intuitive for the person that "simply" wanted to edit family movies & didn't want to make a Hollywood movie.

Are you looking for an alternative to your old setup running 10.6.8…mentioned in another thread?:)

The current version of iMovie is entirely too complicated & not intuitive as Apple's early applications were! Intuitive, easily used applications is what made Apple great!

Unfortunately this is what happens with many apps over time. More & more tools, features, and "eye-candy" are added…making a once simple app seem complicated. I think another aspect to this is…with each new version that's released…if a user upgrades & stays current with the most current version along the way…then the newest version doesn't seem as complex.

Kind of like a student jumping from 4th grade (doing multiplication & division)…to 12th grade doing advanced Calculus. In this case I think too many grades may have been skipped.;)

But I agree. If someone doesn't need all the "bells & whistles"…a simpler app can be better.:)

- Nick

p.s. Sorry I couldn't help more (I'm not an iMovie expert). But I think we have some!:):)