PDA

View Full Version : Crashing InDesign 5.5 on EC

ChrisHA
03-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Hi;

I've been experiencing constant crashing of my InDesign 5.5 (7.5.0.142) in the last little while. I'm using MacOS 10.11.3 (El Capitan) I'm wondering if updating my InD 5.5 to 7.5.3 might help. I posted this query on the Adobe InDesign Forum but was not able to get a definitive answer. Has anyone here had a similar experience? Any insights would be most appreciated.

I am loathe to upgrade to CC.

Thanks;
Chris

pigoo3
03-15-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm assuming "EC" in the thread title means "El Capitan". "EC" is not a common abbreviation for El Capitan.;)

- Nick

ChrisHA
03-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi Nick;

Yes, you are correct. EC is El Capitan as clarified in the body of my post. I have never been accused of being conventional.;)

Chris

pigoo3
03-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Yes, you are correct. EC is El Capitan as clarified in the body of my post. I have never been accused of being conventional.;)

Just clarifying so other filks trying to help understand.:)

- Nick

p.s. BTW. The more folks that claim to be unconventional…actually makes it more conventional. No everyone can be a winner…and not everyone can be unconventional. If this happens…then it becomes the norm…and not unconventional.;)

lclev
03-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Since adobe offers the 7.5.3 update it couldn't hurt. From what you are saying 5.5 is crashing so you are not out much if it doesn't help. The update does offer a lot of fixes too.

And I would suggest a good Time Machine backup just in case. But truthfully you should be fine.

Lisa