Unable to switch drives due to bootcamp not being fully installed

Reaction score
So I have a Mac and have installed bootcamp (of course). I ran into many complications, Realtek Audio stopped installing, etc., and I managed to quit the bootcamp installer instead of quitting the Realtek download. As a result, I am unable to switch between drives (OS X and Windows). I cannot seem to delete bootcamp either; you must be on OS X to make that change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2015 i7 quad-core 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD / El Capitan
Hi Caligurl54,
1) You should be able to switch over to OS X by holding Option key while your Mac reboots (just hit Option when you hear the chime and then select the Mackintosh Disk.
2) Do not delete Bootcamp drive; instead try to repair the installation by following the procedure described here: http://www.mac-forums.com/running-w...565-bootcamp-help.html?highlight=#post1698044 (starting from message #5). You will need a flash drive to prepare the required set of bootcamp drivers (by means of Bootcamp Assistant).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Realtek are a pain in the you-know-what. When in Windows do a search for direct downloads. Also do a search of the forums using Realtek to see how others have recently solved this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.