PDA

View Full Version : GarageBand Book recommendation?

Mac4EveryPerson
02-25-2016, 10:57 AM
My machine is an IMac 5K retina - ElCapitan

As a drummer, want to learn how to program beats using the Software Instrument track. I got how to record under my belt, but need more details on how to program beats. For example, based on the sub division selected (ie., 1/4 note, triplet, etc) confused how the placement of the note relates to the grid based on that sub division. I'm sure there is other stuff I don;t know about yet.

So, is there a good book out there that covers details on using the Software Instrument track, and other topics?

:Confused:

ankhseeker
02-25-2016, 12:03 PM
Check Apple's site for tutorials. Youtube also has many tutorials for apple programs. Maybe Google can discover help for you. Be sure and get the version number so that you aren't led astray from different version information.

Mac4EveryPerson
02-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Check Apple's site for tutorials. Youtube also has many tutorials for apple programs. Maybe Google can discover help for you. Be sure and get the version number so that you aren't led astray from different version information.

yeah I've checked apple, youtube, and google. Not current enough with older versions. but I'll keep checking