PDA

View Full Version : Siri for Mac

Raz0rEdge
02-24-2016, 01:46 PM
Siri has made its way to most of the iDevices and the Apple Watch, the Mac was the last place left and it looks like OS X 10.12 (bids on what they are going to call this version?) is supposed to make that happen..

Read more: http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/02/24/rumor-apple-will-finally-bring-siri-to-mac-with-this-years-os-x-1012

vansmith
02-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I've tried Cortana in Windows 10 and having a voice activated assistant on a computer is awesome. I honestly find it more useful since I tend to lookup so much more information on my computer (and given that my computer is my primary digital device).

dtravis7
02-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Honestly, I've tried Cortana in Windows 10 and having a voice activated assistant on a computer is awesome. I honestly find it more useful since I tend to lookup so much more information on my computer (and given that my computer is my primary digital device).

Agreed!

I am just wondering with Siri if that means my 2 20" iMacs will finally be cut off from running 10:12.

chscag
02-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Agreed!

I am just wondering with Siri if that means my 2 20" iMacs will finally be cut off from running 10:12.

Just send Siri some nice flowers Dennis, and I'm sure she'll stick around for your 20" iMacs. :P

vansmith
02-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Agreed!

I am just wondering with Siri if that means my 2 20" iMacs will finally be cut off from running 10:12.Something I read this morning made a good point about hardware cutoffs - Siri might have some specific hardware requirements with Ars Technica not so subtly suggesting that it might require the dual noise-canceling microphones that are part of 2012 and newer Macs. Who knows though?

TattooedMac
05-18-2016, 10:31 PM
In this RedmonPie article gives a different looking icon, than the obligatory Microphone icon.

RedmondPie ~ Is Siri finally coming to Mac OS X (http://dlvr.it/LLXLlZ)

zugzwang
06-18-2016, 05:46 AM
I don't really care about having siri on my macbook. She's useful at times on the phone. On the computer I can type faster.

I don't really give a crap about force click or whatever its called either. Just a gimmick.

The one gimmicky thing I WOULD like to have on my macbook? Touch ID. I hate having to type my password in every time. I wish one of the keys on my keyboard was a touch ID sensor.

badshoehabit
06-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Siri doesn't understand my accent!

IWT
06-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Siri doesn't understand my accent!

Hey Sue,

Change the voice to a male. We men love those accents!:)

Ian