PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress Free Blog vs Wordpress Custom URL

rf-harris
02-04-2016, 09:27 AM
What are some main differences between a wordpress free blog and wordpress paid blog with a custom URL other than the option of having our own URL without adding wordpress.com

lclev
02-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Free versus paid? Seriously, paid just gives you more control of your content. I use a hosting site and use a customized paid Wordpress theme. That way we have our own easy to search website address without wordpress in the name. Here is an article I found that says it better:

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/self-hosted-wordpress-org-vs-free-wordpress-com-infograph/

Lisa

justinjcruz
03-19-2016, 05:55 AM
Whether you are using the URL supplied by your blog host (e.g., yourblogname.typepad.com) or a domain name choose something that is easy to type and easy to remember. This (http://essaysorigin.com/) You don’t want your readers to have to type in wowthisisareallyfantasticunbeleivableblogyoulllove it.blogspot.com. They will probably fall asleep or find something shiny before they get to the end. If you can’t get the same URL as the name of your blog, at least try to get something that’s related to your blog.

Sawday
03-19-2016, 08:51 AM
The free Wordpress is free because it will display adverts over which you have no control. The paid version has no ads.

bungalowtriple4
10-17-2016, 05:18 AM
With paid wordpress:

1. Get full theme support.
2. All plugins allowed.
3. You have to pay for your web hosting monthly.
4. Monetization freedom.
5. Maintenance

With free wordpress:

1. You get limited theme support.
2. No plugins allowed
3. Free hosting
4. Limited monetization
5. No maintenance.

Brain007
11-16-2016, 08:49 AM
What are some main differences between a wordpress free blog and wordpress paid blog with a custom URL other than the option of having our own URL without adding wordpress.com

with WordPress free blog you'll get URL like yourdomain.wordpress.com and limited access to use. But for paid WordPress, you need to have custom domain name, with hosting.
all pros recommend to have custom domain with hosting for better working environment.
Let me know if you've further questions.
Cheers
#Brain