PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Photo from MacBook to Iphone

Seevee
02-01-2016, 02:57 PM
All,

Im having trouble transferring a few photos from the MacBook to my Iphone.

Doing a search I come up with doing it on iTunes (rarely works). Says you can only do it with folders (pain) go to Photos, and you select the folder you want, apply and it transferes... doesn't work, or I can't find the photos or folder.

Also says email it, which is a pain.. slow file size is an issues, but can work.

Also says drop box, just drop the photo into Dropbox on the MacBook and pick it up in Dropbox on the Iphone. Don't know how to "connect" them and can't get it to work.

Is there a simple way to just drag and drop?

MacBook Pro 10.9.5
IPhone 5

chscag
02-01-2016, 03:14 PM
You should be able to use Dropbox as long as you have it installed on both your MacBook Pro and iPhone. Just drag and drop photos to the Dropbox public folder on the Mac and they should appear in Dropbox on your iPhone. I personally use the free Microsoft OneDrive to move photos and Word documents from my iMac to my iPhone as it works seamlessly and is very fast. I have OneDrive installed on my Mac and iPhone 6+. I just drop the documents or photos on my iMac OneDrive icon and then open OneDrive on my iPhone and they appear within seconds.

MacWannabeNTX
02-01-2016, 03:19 PM
I use the little box with the arrow on top, at the top left of screen in Finder>Pictures>Preview. Click on "Add to Photos"

Seevee
02-02-2016, 10:38 PM
You should be able to use Dropbox as long as you have it installed on both your MacBook Pro and iPhone. Just drag and drop photos to the Dropbox public folder on the Mac and they should appear in Dropbox on your iPhone. I personally use the free Microsoft OneDrive to move photos and Word documents from my iMac to my iPhone as it works seamlessly and is very fast. I have OneDrive installed on my Mac and iPhone 6+. I just drop the documents or photos on my iMac OneDrive icon and then open OneDrive on my iPhone and they appear within seconds.

Chscag,

Well, there has to be some way to connect MY iPhone with MY Macbook to transfer the pictures. (any more than you can see my pictures in your dropbox). How is that connection made? Thx

Seevee
02-02-2016, 10:46 PM
I use the little box with the arrow on top, at the top left of screen in Finder>Pictures>Preview. Click on "Add to Photos"

Don't have a Pictures>Preview.....

pm-r
02-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Seevee, I didn't notice what iOS version your iPhone 5 is running, so you might just want to google your question but maybe add some specs and details or just start with this:
https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Transfer+Photo+from+MacBook+to+Iphone&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=wHaxVsrHBtPC-APDmrGYCQ

Plus there are some commercial utilities you can google on as well including Apple's offerings like iCloud maybe…

QueenaY
06-30-2016, 04:28 AM
Maybe you can use AirDrop function.

ferrarr
07-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Don't have a Pictures>Preview.....

When in Photos, with the image you want to copy to iPhone, see the Share Icon? 24591

pm-r
07-01-2016, 02:38 PM
I think Seevee the OP left the building some time ago… if you check the post dates… ;D