• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple still Most Valuable Global Brand

Reaction score
Yes ;) Brand value: $247 billion. Apple (AAPL, Tech30) has surpassed Google since 2014 to become the most valuable brand in the world. The Apple brand has increased in value by 67% over the past year as the company has continued to promote its products globally, according to an annual ranking by BrandZ. Apple has performed particularly well in China, where it has been taking market share from competitors such as Samsung, Xiaomi and Huawei. Plus, the Apple Watch -- the company's first new consumer product in five years -- has created a ton of buzz around the world.

Reaction score
Apple as a global brand

Apple's maintained number 1 spot is largely due to their ability to innovate and efficiently implement ad campaigns. Their continued relevance and ability to hold such a high standard in today's technological world is astounding!

Reaction score
I am not surprised! the apple a lot of fans, and I'm one of them ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
I am not surprised! the apple a lot of fans, and I'm one of them ;)

Same here. I went from no Apple products to all Apple in about 5 years, with the exception of headphones. Beats? No thanks. Pity Apple didn't buy Sennheiser instead.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Beats? No thanks. Pity Apple didn't buy Sennheiser instead.

It might have been worse... they could have purchased Bose. ;)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have just had the pleasure of being a customer-with the Apple Genius Bar and Service Center in Doncaster, Melbourne, Australia. I say pleasure because the store provides a unique service to a huge number of people in a very efficient, friendly and effective manner and it was a unique experience. Unfortunately I had a difficult problem to fix. Despite being able to demonstrate the problem there were no obvious or known causes. Amazingly they accepted that the trouble shooting I had already done more or less eliminated software as the cause so they set about replacing sections of hardware requiring no more than a day for each replacement. They eventually admitted defeat and gave me a brand new one. The whole process took 5 days and despite seeing a different rep each time I visited thier comprehensive notes from my previous call meant I never had to repeat myself.
The store as 4 double sided bench tables with stools, a sprinkling of demo devices and seemingly no less than 50 customers at a time being directed and attended by about 15 or more staff. From the welcome and direction at the entrance to the hands on technical assessment and assistance the process is smooth and friendly. My MBP was just on 6 months old yet everything was done free including the eventual replacement with a brand new device.
This really is a unique form of customer support and although I appreciate not everybody has easy access to these centres (I had to return to Australia from Indonesia) although it was not my sole reason for returning of course. So I just thought I would take the time to document my positive experience an often neglected practice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.