• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

email won't set-up on MacBookPro

Reaction score
Hello

I have a number of emails already set up and arriving into my Inbox on the MBPro, however, I have a domain name and I am trying to have that email come through too.

I asked UK2 and they have confirmed it's fine at their end.

Following the Mac wizard, it fails to recognise the Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 08.10.45 copy.jpg

Any thoughts on what I am doing so wrong?
Thanks

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Can I assume that you fill the empty fields in the window you have pictured with your User Name, incoming and outgoing mail server? If so and It doesn't work I would be asking your UK2 for the appropriate settings.

OP
F
Reaction score
UK2 came back to me with the solution which was / is:

Please make sure you are setting [email protected] as your username, and mail.uk2.net as your incoming and outgoing server address.

Thanks for the help - I'm now a happy bunny.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.