Good RAR Extractor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch Retina 5K, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, iPhone6
Hi

New to the Mac world after many years building my own PC's and I'm very impressed so far but it sure is a big learning curve (which I'm enjoying).

I'm the proud owner of a Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 model.

I download a lot of RAR files and was wondering can anyone point me to a good RAR extraxtor please?

Cheers
Nige

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's built into your Mac. Have you tried it yet? If you want a third party app, try "The Unarchiver" which is free.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's built into your Mac. Have you tried it yet? If you want a third party app, try "The Unarchiver" which is free.

No, I didn't know there was one that came with my mac.

I'll go take a look for it.

Thanks

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
You don't need to look for it, just open the file, the archive manager will do the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm...OK, now I'm a little stumped.

When you say "Open the File" there are 50 RAR files and when i open them the movie starts to play.

This isn't what I'm looking to do.....I want to put the files back together so I can move the movie file to my NAS movie folder.

EDIT: OK, got it sorted - took chscag's tip and installed Unarchiver. It's a great little app.

Thanks all

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Oh I see, you are not looking to open them so much as to join them. The multiple RAR files are a result of the method you have used to transfer the files from the source. I would look at doing that in s different way but for your purposes at the moment I think you will find this app will do the job. http://www.unrarx.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Rod. Appreciate your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.