PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Finepix HS33exr digital camera software.

sllewk
01-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Hi, I am running an Apple Mac Mini late 2012 with El Capitan OS. I have recently acquired a Fuji HS33exr camera and sadly it came to me without the "myfinepixstudio" software CD. I can see lots of places to download that software for the dreaded Windows but just cannot get an Apple Mac copy. Could anyone point me in the right direction please or is this an impossible dream? Thanks for looking and your reply (if some one does).

So you failed to prepare, now be prepared to fail. From Keith in Derby England.

nickyr
01-06-2016, 09:56 AM
I think Fuji stopped updating its myfinepix software for mac users around osx 10.7 - so it looks like it's an impossible dream sorry.

chas_m
01-07-2016, 02:41 AM
This is not to say that you can't use the camera, of course. The in-house camera software is rarely required (and is usually very poorly done anyway), so Apple has built-in a couple of programs that can read from it: Photos and Image Capture. And of course a camera card reader would also work since I don't think that Mac mini has one built-in.

sllewk
01-07-2016, 05:19 AM
nickyr, thanks for your reply; I thought that might be the case. Best regards from Keith in Derby

sllewk
01-07-2016, 05:22 AM
chas-m, Thanks for your reply. Of course I can use the camera but thought I would like to try Fuji's own photo suite. Yes the Mini does have a card reader slot installed and I use it regularly.
Very best regards from Keith in Derby England.