PDA

View Full Version : Shout out for OWC

Barbara Jay
12-23-2015, 01:22 PM
My new iMac didn't come with a DVD player so I needed to buy and external one
On the recommendations from several people here I called OWC. The woman I spoke with was very helpful in advising me on a model that would work for me. It is a tray model with a manual eject slot in the event the tray doesn't open . All I would need to do is put a paper clip in the manual eject hole and the tray will open .
OWC's DVD price was very good and it arrived quickly. I will definitely do business with them again

Most of us share unpleasant experiences, but I also believe in sharing good experiences too :Cool:
Barbara

RadDave
12-23-2015, 01:35 PM
My new iMac didn't come with a DVD player so I needed to buy and external one
On the recommendations from several people here I called OWC. The woman I spoke with was very helpful in advising me on a model that would work for me. It is a tray model with a manual eject slot in the event the tray doesn't open . All I would need to do is put a paper clip in the manual eject hole and the tray will open .
OWC's DVD price was very good and it arrived quickly. I will definitely do business with them again

Hi Barbara - as you likely know, Apple has not put an optical drive in their iMacs for 4-5 years - bought mine in 2013 along w/ Apple's external Superdrive (the slot loader). OWC is a great online Apple site and is often recommended here - I've ordered a half dozen products from them over the last 2 years and have never been disappointed - last night I purchased a 1 TB Thunderbolt external HD to do Time Machine backups on the iMac (had a USB Seagate that kept getting ejected!) - good luck w/ your optical drive - if you do have a problem, then you should be impressed w/ their service. Dave :)

Slydude
12-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Glad to see you got that resolved so easily Barbara. My first encounter with OWC was more years ago than I care to remember. I was doing a processor and ram upgrade on a Blue & White G3 tower. Wasn't sure I had the right parts so I called their support department. I think I was on the phone for about half an hour. It took a while for the parts to be delivered but everything worked exactly as expected. Been dealing with them off and on ever since.

Pasquanel
02-11-2016, 11:07 PM
I recently ordered a SSD from OWC and ended up with a double order (my fault) I was amazed when I accessed their site to find a phone number and better yet someone answered! My dilemma was solved in a few minutes, excellent CS I will be doing business with them again.

ankhseeker
02-12-2016, 08:47 AM
OWC is a great company to deal with. Tech support is stellar and the sales people are friendly and knowledgeable. I have purchased from the many times, and have no reservations about recommending them. Truly a rare company!

Dogbreath
02-12-2016, 10:19 AM
+1 on OWC's CS and other services provided.

XJ-linux
02-12-2016, 06:33 PM
+1911 OWC. There have been times I haven't even bothered shopping around, because their service is excellent and their prices are usually great, or within an acceptable amount of whatever other store has the item.

pigoo3
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
+1911 OWC.

No doubts what the reference is here! It's not the first running of the Indianapolis 500!;)

- Nick

XJ-linux
02-13-2016, 11:44 AM
No doubts what the reference is here! It's not the first running of the Indianapolis 500!;)

- Nick

I appreciate the classics. ;)