PDA

View Full Version : Timer for QuickTime Recording

Seevee
12-08-2015, 04:46 PM
All,

Is there any timer I can use to stop screen recording using QuickTime 10.3 Mac 10.9.6?

I've tried auto shutting down the computer but won't stop.

Ideas?

Seevee

chas_m
12-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a job for AppleScript/Automator -- or perhaps a third-party screen recording program.

Seevee
12-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a job for AppleScript/Automator -- or perhaps a third-party screen recording program.

AppleScript has not been user friendly for me, need something simpler.

chas_m
12-08-2015, 09:27 PM
The simplest thing I can think of is to stop the recording manually after you are sure you are done, then use QuickTime itself to trim any "extra" off the beginning or end.

Slydude
12-08-2015, 11:02 PM
I'll have to poke around a bit when I get a chance. QuickTime has a start and stop command for recordings listed in the Automator actions. The recording could p0roblably be timed with Automator's loop function or by setting two different iCal alarms. The first alarm would contain the Automator command to start a recording while the second, set an appropriate number of minutes later, would contain the stop command.

I tried it a minute ago with the loop command but something didn't work.

Seevee
12-09-2015, 08:43 PM
I'll have to poke around a bit when I get a chance. QuickTime has a start and stop command for recordings listed in the Automator actions. The recording could p0roblably be timed with Automator's loop function or by setting two different iCal alarms. The first alarm would contain the Automator command to start a recording while the second, set an appropriate number of minutes later, would contain the stop command.

I tried it a minute ago with the loop command but something didn't work.

SLYDUDE,

Thanks, anxious to see what you come up with.