PDA

View Full Version : IDG macworld iworld alternatives?

hand123
12-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Hello,
With the IDG macworld iworld on hiatus, are there any other similar conventions being held in the USA?
Thanks

chscag
12-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Don't really follow your question, however, Macworld magazine is still in publication but by digital subscription only. They no longer issue a print edition. MacLife magazine still issues a print edition but who knows for how long?

chas_m
12-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Charlie: hand123 is referring to the MacWorld/iWorld CONFERENCE held each year in San Francisco. After Apple pulled out quite a long time ago, the conference continued as MacWorld/iWorld reflecting the increasing importance of iOS devices and accessories. I attended the last one, which was in March of 2014. It was a fairly robust trade show, but of course just a shadow of its former self. It's a pity, I enjoyed them and met lots of my favourite developers there.

To answer the original question, there's not really an event of that scale to "replace" MW/iW, but Apple is running a series of "tech talks" in cities around the US for developers and other interested attendees who couldn't make it to WWDC: http://www.macnn.com/articles/15/11/11/tech.talks.return.for.apple.tv.development.in.ten. city.tour.131243/

And of course, any large-scale computer show, like Computex in Taipei, the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas, or Mobile World Congress in Barcelona are likely to be very iOS device and to a lesser extent Apple oriented, as it is the leading company/trendsetter in the industry now.

chscag
12-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the clarification chas. I should have noticed he mentioned "conventions". :Oops:

hand123
12-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Thank you for the great reply.