PDA

View Full Version : Images saved on Macbook is always blur (frustrated!)

alfiz
11-20-2015, 09:40 PM
I've got an 13 inch MacBook pro, with retina display. I made the switch from Windows, and loving every single minute of it, except for this.

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. Whenever I make an image, for example 1000 x 1000. Make some modifications, add some text etc and save it. When I open it, file looks 2x bigger than what it looks like on Photoshop. I'm guessing it's because of my screen resolution. That's fine....until the original image is actually blurred.

It's like zooming in to 200% on Photoshop, which definitely is going to blur things.

I've tested this on different Resolution numbers, dimensions etc. How it looks like in Photoshop is always half the size of what it actually is, and when I save it it looks 200% bigger (which is the correct size) but with the blurness as if I zoomed in 200%.

Not too sure if this makes sense to you. I'd like to upload screenshots but it doesn't make sense since the images will get blurred.

I'm guessing it has to do with the resolution on this Macbook or something...any help guys???

chas_m
11-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Is your screen resolution set to maximum (ie the native resolution)?

Are you looking at your images in Photoshop at either 25 percent/50 percent/75 percent or 100 percent?

alfiz
11-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Is your screen resolution set to maximum (ie the native resolution)?

Are you looking at your images in Photoshop at either 25 percent/50 percent/75 percent or 100 percent?

Yea, it's the default native.

It's at 100% for sure. At 100% it looks half the size of my desired dimensions (which will be double once I save it and open the file separately)

chas_m
11-22-2015, 02:37 AM
Easiest way to test this -- open the images in another program. If they're PS files, you'll need Pixelmator (or, more simply, export a copy in JPG or whatever).

Put some of the saved images on a thumb drive, and open them on a different machine. Report back with the results of these exercises.