• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

We Got Nailed Again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Well, apparently Springfield Illinois is the new tornado magnet. 3 weeks ago we had two F2 tornadoes touch down, end result, I had a tree on my roof, total damage over $22,000.00 Last night we had two more touch downs, I'm blessed to say that both, although close to me did no damage, but we do have more danage in our city. The Weather Channel says that we are in the line of fire again this Thursday, man is this getting old.

Does Arizona have tornadoes? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yeah its possible for arizona to have tornadoes, though its very rare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Yeah, you guys are right at the top of tornado ally... I lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma for 12 years. We had really close calls and had to take shelter at least 5-6 times a year but were really fortunate to have never had direct damage to our property, although we did lose a trampoline once. Down here in Fort Worth we don't see quite as many.

Glad you haven't blown away yet... and good luck on Thursday... :)

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
sarahsboy18 said:
Yeah, you guys are right at the top of tornado ally... I lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma for 12 years. We had really close calls and had to take shelter at least 5-6 times a year but were really fortunate to have never had direct damage to our property, although we did lose a trampoline once. Down here in Fort Worth we don't see quite as many.

Glad you haven't blown away yet... and good luck on Thursday... :)

What is the "true" tornado ally? I was watching The Weather Channel and according to what they showed, it ends in Iowa, down through Missouri and Arkansas. Other's show it going way up into northeast Indiana. It looks to me like there are different tornado allys, or this thing shifts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Hambug said:
What is the "true" tornado ally? I was watching The Weather Channel and according to what they showed, it ends in Iowa, down through Missouri and Arkansas. Other's show it going way up into northeast Indiana. It looks to me like there are different tornado allys, or this thing shifts.

Traditionally I have always thought that Tornado alley went from northern Texas up through Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska... to Illinios and North Dakota... That being said I know we still would get them from time to time when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. Tornado alley really just refers to the areas that gets hit heavily on year in and year out. You can see the weather pattern get just right so that Indiana, Ohio... or even Florida get hit. But it is more of a rarity. That's why those are the one's you hear about... If they covered every tornado that hit in Oklahoma and Kansas than you'd never get any other news stories during the spring season.

S

Santos

Here is an image I found

tornadoalley.jpg

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the pic from tornadochaser.net That is the first one I've seen that looks like it covers what is really the area that the majority of tornadoes hit, I realize that any area in the contentinal US could have a twister or two, but The one The Weather Channel showed was nothing like that one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.