PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading one's settings - a problem - how to resolve?

RadDave
11-10-2015, 02:50 AM
For the mods and not sure if this is the right spot?

I just upgraded my laptop to El Capitan (10.11.1) and trying to change my profile in settings to reflect the OS change - I've entered the new OS numerous times and hit the 'save' button, but the change is NOT showing up - what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions - Dave :)

pigoo3
11-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Hey there Dave. Are you:

- clicking on "settings" near the top of the page.
- clicking on "edit profile" in the left margin of the next page
- entering the changes
- clicking on the "save changes" button at the bottom of the page

I just did a test change to my profile…changes made…no issues.

HTH,:)

- Nick

RadDave
11-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi Nick - yep, those are the steps that I've been following - I can make the changes desired in ' Mac specs' and then 'save changes', but when I view one of my posts, no change is seen (I've tried a dozen times last night & this morning) - also tried a few other entries in the 'Additional Information' and none where changed - kind of weird - now OTOH, I can still change my signature - not a big deal, I guess? Thanks for your help - Dave :)

RadDave
11-10-2015, 02:21 PM
ISSUE SOLVED! Apparently, my country was not listed when I tried to 'save changes' - not sure if that item was deleted last night when I upgraded to El Capitan (don't know why it would be, and my previous edits were always saved correctly), BUT after adding the 'United States' to my profile, my new specs were then saved - thanks again. Dave :)

pigoo3
11-10-2015, 02:26 PM
ISSUE SOLVED! Apparently, my country was not listed when I tried to 'save changes' - not sure if that item was deleted last night when I upgraded to El Capitan (don't know why it would be, and my previous edits were always saved correctly), BUT after adding the 'United States' to my profile, my new specs were then saved - thanks again. Dave :)

Dave. The same exact thing happened to me when I did a test change earlier. I got an error message (initially) when I made my change after clicking on the "save changes" button. Then I went back and selected my country. Then as you experienced…all was good.:) Maybe this was a mandatory setting the website owners added recently…since I know that I've "messed" with my profile since the new Mac-Forums look was implemented a while ago.

Good deal you got things worked out.:)

- Nick

Beatles4Life
11-15-2015, 02:16 PM
I just tried to update my location, and I had the same problem. Where is the country button? I'm not seeing it.

RadDave
11-15-2015, 11:24 PM
I just tried to update my location, and I had the same problem. Where is the country button? I'm not seeing it.

Hello - go into your Settings -> Edit Profile - country is at the top (see attached screen capture w/ the blue arrow) - hope this helps. Dave :)

Rod Sprague
12-08-2015, 01:10 AM
Dave. The same exact thing happened to me when I did a test change earlier. I got an error message (initially) when I made my change after clicking on the "save changes" button. Then I went back and selected my country. Then as you experienced…all was good.:) Maybe this was a mandatory setting the website owners added recently…since I know that I've "messed" with my profile since the new Mac-Forums look was implemented a while ago.

Good deal you got things worked out.:)

- Nick

Nick are you really running OS 10.8.5 or do you need to update too?;D Looks like I need to do a bit of housework myself.