Developing an applescript or Automator application

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I think I posted this in the wrong section so I'll repost it here, I made a vbscript for windows machines to connect to a network drive using the user input username and password, I have multiple users that have different logons to access the shared drive and the personal network drive. Here it is .."

Code:
strUser = InputBox("Enter your user name")
strPassword = InputBox("Enter your password")
strYear = InputBox("What year are you in? (Just the number)")
strDriveLetter1 = "K:" 
strRemotePath1 = "\\15.141.176.58\year_"
strDriveLetter2 = "L:" 
strRemotePath2 = "\\15.141.176.58\Admin"

Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
On Error Resume Next

objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveLetter1, strRemotePath1 & strYear & "$\" & strUser, , strUser, strPassword
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveLetter2, strRemotePath2, , strUser, strPassword

MsgBox strUser & "'s drives has been added"

That uses the prompted variables to map the drive with the user and pass, and also makes use the user variable to map to a personal drive. This is what I want the macs to do through automator.

Automator is being such a pain and not allowing me use the prompted user variables and I wouldn't even know if it's possible on macs. Anyone have any ideas? I don't know too much applescript and I can't push it from profile manager because they are non networked, only connected through wifi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.