Apple Wireless Mouse Batteries :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
I have spent way too much on batteries for this mouse. On apple's website it says not to use rechargeables, but I've heard of many people using them. Has anyone tried this? If so, any recommendations? If not, what batteries are people using to make this mouse last longer than a month or two?

Thanks,

--
MacGuy18

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I dont know why you couldnt use rechargeables, I sure would. What you could also try is taking the batteris or atleast 1 of them out when you arent using the mouse, that way it wont be "turned on" all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Definitely get a set of rechargeable NiMH batteries for it. I'm using Energizers, but I don't think it matters. They work fine, and they'll save you a lot of money.

Sliding the "eyelid" closed will also turn the mouse off (and disconnect it!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I really can't see the harm in using rechargable batteries. I have digital camera's where they say either need $10 lithium batteries or pay for their brand of rechargeable batteries. I decided to try out a cheaper pair from Radio Shack and they worked fine, no harm done.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
how about the bluetooth keyboard? well anyways all they wana do is to make money this way you by their crap. they dont care about you or any other customers, they are there to make money. The company that really cares about their customers more than any other is Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
I've been using Energizer 2500mAh rechargable ones in wireless mice without a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.