PDA

View Full Version : Just little things

Pixel_Donkey
04-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Is there anywhere I can see shortcut keys to certain tasks?

Since changing from a PC where I used shortcut keys all the time I feel using a mac could be faster. For example how to you select the whole address bar in Safari, instead I have to click it and highlight it all and put in a address. On ie or firefox I would just press F6.

If I place speakers next to my mac will it eventually damage the screen or inside components?

yogi
04-01-2006, 07:48 AM
If you go to your System PReferences, under Keyboard and Mouse, hit the Keyboard Shortcuts Tab. You'll see all the systems keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately, there's no Firefox-F6 styl command for Safari by default.

Kokopelli
04-01-2006, 08:42 AM
How about <cmd> L? Is that what you are looking for?

I do not know of a way to find all shortcuts for all Applications. usually when I start using an app regularly I take a look through the menu options and see what commands I will find useful that have shortcuts. <CMD> L for instance i use in FF and Camino but I just tested it in Safari and it does what I think you want.

And no speakers should not cuase damage to your monitor if they are computer speakers (and if it is an LCD no worried at all).

Kettle
04-01-2006, 08:58 AM
In addition to command+L, you can click the little icon in the address bar on the left of the link, or triple click the link itself. The triple click thing works for pretty much every text field as well.

Pixel_Donkey
04-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks very much.

yogi
04-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Wow. So again, one learns.

oldnews
04-02-2006, 12:51 PM
In addition to command+L, you can click the little icon in the address bar on the left of the link, or triple click the link itself. The triple click thing works for pretty much every text field as well.

You can also use Command(Apple) A to Select All in the URL bar.

baggss
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
HERE (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75459) is Apples "official" list of shortcuts.

Kokopelli
04-02-2006, 03:48 PM
There are a hundred ways to skin a cat (poor cat) but <CMD> L is the only one that does not require any use of the mouse, which is why I like it.

Triple click is a close second for most used method for me though.