View Full Version : Data Base...

03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Ok guys help me out here if you can. I'm looking for a simple database program. any suggestions? Im a broker and Im thinking that If I can create a database system, and place it on a website i'll create, I can generate more business for myself. Again any help is much appreciated.

03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Well if you are going to just use the database on your computer then FileMaker Pro would be good, but if you want to create a web appication then MySQL would be the way to go. With FileMaker you can probably figure out how to use it and what to do, while with MySQL you would probably need to hire a company to help you create a web application.

03-31-2006, 07:09 PM
im trying to see how i can have people go to my site and apply for a loan. (placing in info like the loan amount, type, etc) will FileMaker do that? if so can it create that and I implement it to my website?

03-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah FileMaker can do that, but it makes some seriously ugly code to do something like that, plus when you're working on the net you should use a database like MySQL and not a standalone database like FM Pro or Access etc.

To do what you are wanting you'll want to hire a company to create these forms for you for people to submit. That's my profession right there, so if you are interested go ahead and PM me and Ill get back to you will my contact information.