PDA

View Full Version : Import to iPhoto Fails

brian09223
10-12-2015, 08:03 PM
When I try importing Photo's to iPhoto I get the message "The following files could not be imported. The files are in an unrecognized format". This just started happening and I don't know why. I'm importing JPEG Normal files. Any idea how this happened. I don't think I changed any settings in my camera. Any help will be appreciated.

Brian

chscag
10-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Obviously something has changed. It the photo files are in JPEG format, they should import to iPhoto. Try importing the files from your camera by using Image Capture to see what happens. Also check the cable from your camera to your iMac or the SD card if that's what you're using. SD cards are notorious for becoming corrupt.

brian09223
10-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Obviously something has changed. It the photo files are in JPEG format, they should import to iPhoto. Try importing the files from your camera by using Image Capture to see what happens. Also check the cable from your camera to your iMac or the SD card if that's what you're using. SD cards are notorious for becoming corrupt.
I use Cf Cards and import files to my computer using a card reader. I imported the JPEGS to Adobe Bridge with no problem, with full access for editing. I checked my camera settings and nothing had been changed.
I don't get it.