Transfering m4r to iPhone 6

Reaction score
Ok, so not sure if this is the right forum for me to post this one or not but I don't believe this would go on the iPhone Hardware forum either. I apologize in advance if this is not the right forum.

My issue is that I downloaded some premade m4r tones to transfer onto my iPhone from my PC. When I try to sync the tones to my iPhone it gives me this message "Some of the items in the iTunes libray, including "wrs_ring". were not copied to the iPhone "iUser1986's iPhone" because they cannot be played on this iPhone." I attached the error message I'm getting also.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've searched the web extensively to find a result, with no luck. Thanks.

iUser1986

itunes.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

This forum is OK to post your topic in. If the ringtone is properly formatted as *.m4r it should sync to your iPhone from iTunes. I have personally downloaded many free ringtones from the web and they always have synced and worked on the iPhones that I own. Sometimes you'll get a ringtone that is really an *.mp3 file but is identified as *.m4r; those will not work on your iPhone. You need to verify if the ringtones you downloaded are *.m4r and if they are, they should sync and play on your iPhone. By the way, iTunes will convert *.mp3 tones to *.m4r for you, no special software is needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.