• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

QuiBids

Reaction score
Be Strategic and be VERY Careful!!

QuiBids is supposed to be a "penny auction site"...but each "penny bid" really costs the bidder $0.60 cents each...so that REALLY COSTS $0.61 PER BID PLUS SHIPPING, and each bidder may place 10, 20, 50 or more bids. So an iPad that appears to sell for $22.54 (which means 2254 bids were placed on it by multiple people @ $0.60/bid)...ends up netting QuiBids $1352.40...minus the purchase price of the iPad.

SO each $1 cost of item nets QuiBids $60....so if the item makes it to $10 the company just made $600!!!!!! I have seen a item thats only worth $150 at $30 plus which = $1800 for QuiBids so who"s really winning NOT US!!

ITS MADE IN QUIBIDS FAVOR...NOW IF EVERYONE UNDERSTOOD THIS INSTEAD OF GOING TO BIDDING WARS AND FIRST TO A $1 FOR THAT AUCTION WINS WOULD BE NICE IF EVERYONE STOPPED BIDDING AT A $1 THEN IT WOULD BE WORTH IT FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE TONS OF THE SAME PRODUCT ALL DAY LONG SO THERES TONS OF IT TO GO AROUND.
AND THEY HAVE BID-O-MATIC WHICH WHO KNOWS MIGHT BE SET UP BY QUIBIDS THEMSELVES TO MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES.

So think before you go on bidding wars and click on the product to see shipping cost and see if there is Bid-O-Matic going then just stay away from that auction.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
There are many more of these so-called cheap auction sites doing exactly the same thing. Mad Bid is one of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is like any bidding system .. let the buyer beware and read ALL the terms and conditions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Always seemed like a scam to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And nothing will stop them doing it as long as they think they MAY get a bargain!

Reaction score
Thank you for the information on Quibids. I always wondered how in their infomercials people would pay $20 for an Imac that costs $1200. I was thinking about starting up an account and trying to bid once or twice, but I'm going to re-think it. I'd rather not give money away to a company who survives on others naivetés.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.