GPU check on windows 7 (bootcamp)

Reaction score
Hello all experts.

I have installed bootcamp on my macbook pro (late 2011) No problems installing, but the whole reason that i installed windows in the first place was to try playing splintercell blacklist with a friend. (My graphics just make the min requirements) butt still with everything on low it gets pretty laggy. So i am suspecting that windows is not taking full advantage og the the ram like on OS X - there i get 512 mb on the GPU because of my 8gb ram. Is there a way to check this? And if this is the case how do make i use it all?

My only real proof of this is that on OS X i get 60-70 fps on co:go on windows with same settings max 35fps.

Any one know what to do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not much you can do. If I have your particular model MacBook Pro correct, it uses an Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU which normally runs with 384 MB of borrowed memory. It can borrow as much as 512 MB depending on the amount of installed system memory. (your machine can take up to 16 GB of system memory) All that while running in OS X. Once you boot to Windows, it's a different ball game. Windows is likely using only 384 MB which is why your frame rate is lower. This is a problem with machines that use an integrated graphics chipset although the newer MacBook Pro lines are equipped with a more robust Intel GPU and do better for gaming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.