PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Dirty DVD

ankhseeker
09-14-2015, 08:57 AM
I have both a .mpg and an .m4v file. Same movie, w/ different extensions. All I want to do is to drop and drag that one file to a dvd program and have it burn a dvd so my friend can view it. I am running 10.9.5 on a MBP5,3 Which program do I use and can I make such a DVD? I have iDVD and burn available to me. Thanks!

cradom
09-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Not too sure about Burn, I do know Toast will do it, with either format. Little expensive though, for one video.

ankhseeker
09-15-2015, 08:34 AM
I guess I can just try it. A friend also has toast. maybe I will just give him the file and let him burn it. Thanks Craig!

ankhseeker
09-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Turns out that iDVD has a feature called Magic iDVD that does what I want. Found it in an online tutorial and wanted to share. I am using iDVD 7.1.2 Pretty slick.

MightyGem
09-15-2015, 04:40 PM
With iDVD, just start a new Project, and drag and drop your movies onto the main window.

rgrcpa
09-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Mr. MightyGem: That routine doesn't work in my imac. I have tried to use iDVD new project to burn a double layer DVD to no avail. The burned DVD ALWAYS stops somewhere before getting to the end of the burned movie when played in my Blue Ray Player. I am using VidBox for MAC to convert the movie from VHS to a QuickTime MOV file. When I burn in the iDVD new project program, the burn button on the MOV file always tells me to change the project parameters to regular screen with double layer ability. I do make those changes. The burn starts and gives me NO warning that there's a problem with recording the DVD. Instead it goes to the end of the burned DVD and ejects the disk. When I play the DVD in my computers, either MAC or PC, the movie plays from the DVD all the way through. Not my Blue Ray Player. That's there the DVD stops. This does NOT happen when I burn a single layer MOV file. Can someone advise me what to do to get an MPG file greater than 4 gigs to play all the way through in my BRP??

MightyGem
09-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Could it be a problem with your BluRay player and dual layer discs?

cradom
09-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Also make sure they're the right kind. I bought a box of -R dual layer, which my iMac cant use. It uses +R.
Fortunately, the PC can.

rgrcpa
09-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Are you using the Smartdrive built into the iMAC? I am using an external drive because my Smartdrive is damaged and can't be used to burn discs.

MightyGem
09-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Is your external drive capable on burning dual layer dvds?